Electrical Engineer 1,2
EZ Blockchain is a technology company with a cryptocurrency mining and energy focus. Our mission is to solve the global waste energy problem with the help of crypto mining and high-density computing. We secure Proof of Work blockchains efficiently and develop the infrastructure for the future of blockchains such as Bitcoin by partnering with energy providers. We design and build mobile data centers and Smartgrids flaring mitigation systems. We help oil and gas companies to monetize stranded and flared natural gas. The company was founded in 2017.
Our cryptocurrency mining locations are growing, off-grid and on-grid. Our goal is to add a true member to the team with skills in electrical engineering who can become an integral part of the organization in the long run.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with knowledge and experience working in the electrical engineering field, having experience working in the oil and gas industry is a bonus. An applicant must be excited about implementing new technologies such as Bitcoin mining to utilize excess energy. Understanding power generation, power distribution, and the basis of electrical code is a must. The candidate will be working directly with team leads and project managers. The applicant must have a strong understanding of NEC code, UL, cUL, IEC, CE. The position requires strong technical communication skills.
- Design electrical diagrams
- Implement electrical ideas in new products such as immersion-cooled data centers
- Reviewing existing electrical diagrams, optimize them, provide recommendations to new designs, work closely with the manufacturing facility
- Research NERC standards, implement them to existing electrical products.
- Work closely with production to meet NEC standards to UL list existing products.
- Prepare construction drawings, documents, calculations, and studies for medium and high voltage substation projects if such occur. .
- coordinate with project management team construction of new projects
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering - must!
- Apply engineering design principles and practices including formulas.
- Ability to perform load flow, voltage drop, short circuit analysis, and protective device coordination studies
- Ability to interpret and apply standards including NEC, IEEE, IEC, NESC, and client standards.
- Experience with the power systems modeling and calculations
- Strong knowledge of power transformation, transmission, and distribution
- Basic knowledge of oil and gas operations, midstream, upstream.
- Strong knowledge of natural gas power generation
- Prior work experience in a power generating environment is preferred
- Specific experience with high-voltage utility equipment, transformers, switchgear preferred
- Electrician skills preferred!
- Strong technical communication skills
- Basic knowledge of cryptocurrency mining, data center management preferred
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team
- Be friendly
- Willingness to learn!
- health insurance
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- Sign in Bonus
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.