EZ Blockchain is a technology company with a cryptocurrency mining and energy focus. Our mission is to solve the global waste energy problem with the help of crypto mining and high-density computing. We secure Proof of Work blockchains efficiently and develop the infrastructure for the future of blockchains such as Bitcoin by partnering with energy providers. We design and build mobile data centers and Smartgrid flaring mitigation systems. We help oil and gas companies monetize stranded and flared natural gas. The company was founded in 2017.
Our cryptocurrency mining locations are growing, off-grid and on-grid. We currently have openings for Data Center Deployment Leads to join our team who can become an integral part of the organization in the long run. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with knowledge and experience working in data center deployment having experience working in the oil and gas industry is a bonus. An applicant must be excited about implementing new technologies such as Bitcoin mining to utilize excess energy. Proficiency in computer hardware and networking infrastructure is a must. The candidate will be working directly with team leads and project managers. The position requires strong technical communication skills. Data Center Deployment Leads are responsible for securing and complying with all aspects of our data center operations and ensuring the data center is fully operational and ready for the onsite and remote operations team to manage all technology related to the datacenter’s daily operations.
- Travel to current and developing data center locations to perform the installation of EZ Blockchain’s Smartbox Mobile Data Centers, cryptocurrency mining hardware and network devices.
- Follow plans, processes, instructions, team and all available documentation, during the installation of all data center location related equipment, devices and services.
- Pack, unpack and inventory miners, network devices and other equipment
- Perform configuration of cryptocurrency miners and network devices and validate work completion
- Perform component repair, replacement and software/firmware updates as needed
- Interface with vendors, contractors and remote monitoring teams during installations and maintenance
- You have the desire, willingness and ability to travel ~50% of the time
- You are authorized to work in the US
- You are honest, highly motivated and dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
- You have 5+ years of experience with server and network hardware in a Data Center environment
- You have a highly proficient understanding of ASIC hardware, Distributed computing, network installation and configuration, server components and network cable installation
- You possess strong Windows, Linux and Network Administration skills
- You thrive in a fast paced 24x7 environment with flexibility to work after-hours and weekends when needed
- You possess excellent leadership, communication skills, friendliness and self confidence
- You communicate efficiently and clearly while working well with others across multiple teams and communication platforms
- You have strong documentation skills
- You are well skilled in researching and implementing solutions to troubleshoot issues as needed
- You have strong attention to detail, maintain high quality standards
- You have an efficient systems thinking and critical thinking mindset, which allows you to be creative while working within the boundaries of policies, procedures & guidelines
- Able to pass a Drug and Alcohol Screening & Criminal Background check
- Have a valid US Driver’s License
Physical Requirements for the Data Center Operations
- Travel to and walk on job sites in uneven terrain.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75lbs; and participate in group lifts over 75lbs.
- Work in noisy areas with much hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions
- Perform physical tasks without becoming overly tired,
- Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment.
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance.
- Occasional bending or twisting of the body to work in tight and/or narrow spaces
- Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects.
- Apply muscular force quickly to objects and equipment.
- Push or pull heavy objects into position.
Minimum 5 year experience in data center operations
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- health insurance
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- Sign in Bonus
- Maternity & Paternity leave