EZ Blockchain specializes in building and managing prefabricated mobile data centers, colocation and managed services for Blockchain technology. EZ Blockchain is seeking a full time Entry Level Onsite Data Center Technician for a new cryptocurrency mining operation.
This position requires a self-starting, highly motivated individual who has a clear understanding of computer/network installation & repair.
Don't even consider applying, if you have never built or repaired computers and don't know how to network at least 10 devices together.
Selected candidates will perform repetitive tasks to
specialized crypto currency mining computer and network hardware
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair computing and network devices, in case of events or equipment failure and providing recommendations to prevent re-occurrence of such events.
- Monitoring and responding to security, environmental, equipment monitoring systems (Key Performance Indicators, electrical, temperature, connectivity)
- Maintain weekly & monthly reports, documentation and equipment tracking managers
- Individually moving/lifting packages, upto 50-75 lbs
- Updating progress through web ticketing, monitoring and inventory system
- Communicating with clients through web ticketing system
- Perform support requests ranging from power cycling & reboot to hardware troubleshooting
- Maintain order and cleanliness in the operating and common areas
- Escalating issues to senior technicians and management as needed/required
- Travel between sites/locations when required
- Honest, highly motivated, dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Work in a fast paced 24x7 environment with flexibility to work after-hours and weekends when needed
- Advanced understanding of computer hardware and components – GPU, Ram, CPU, Motherboard, etc.
- Work well with others across multiple remote teams
- Advanced understanding and use of Windows & Linux/Unix Operating systems
- Learn new hardware and concepts quickly and research solutions to troubleshoot hardware and network issues as needed
- Passionate about learning new hardware, troubleshooting and developing comprehensive distributed systems
- Possess excellent communication skills and self confidence
- Perform duties constantly and without deviations unless otherwise instructed
- Have strong attention to detail & can follow directions
- Reliability to be on time and available when expected
- Valid driver's license and your own vehicle
- Able to pass a Drug and Alcohol Screening & Criminal Background check
- Knowledge of blockchain technologies, systems, and hardware such as ASIC Mining hardware is preferred.
- Experience in data center environment
- Understanding electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, PDU units, HVAC·
- Associate's degree in IT-related field plus two years of progressively responsible experience preferred.
- Ubiquiti/Cisco network infrastructure experience
- Experience with installation and troubleshooting of electrical wiring and electrical circuits
- IT Technician Credentials Preferred (A+ Certification)
Physical Requirements for the Data Center Operations
- Walk job sites in uneven terrain.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more.
- Work in noisy areas with much hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions
- Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired, such as
- Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment.
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance.
- Occasional bending or twisting of the body to work in tight and/or narrow spaces
- Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects.
- Apply muscular force quickly to objects and equipment.
- Push or pull heavy objects into position.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
So, if you are serious about wanting this position and pay close attention to details, then prove it by including the words "Bitcoin to the Moon" in your cover letter along with a photo of the Bitcoin Logo.
EZ Blockchain is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Part-time
Minimum 2 year experience in data center operations
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- health insurance
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- Sign in Bonus
- Maternity & Paternity leave