Lead Power Generator Technician
EZ Blockchain is a technology company with cryptocurrency mining and energy focus. Our mission is to solve global waste energy problem with the help of crypto mining and high density computing. We design and build mobile data centers and Smartgrids flaring mitigation systems. to help oil and gas companies to monetize stranded and flared natural gas. The company was founded in 2017.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with experience working in the oil and gas industry to fill a Lead Power Generator Technician position. An applicant must be excited about implementing new technologies for flaring mitigation, alternative natural gas monetization and other environmental solutions for the oil and gas industry. The candidate will be working in the field at company’s locations within 100-mile radius from Pittsburgh, PA. The applicant must have a strong understanding of natural gas, flaring process, gas to power generation.
- provide support for the installation/commissioning, operation, and maintenance of gas reciprocating generators and gas turbines (CAT, Jenbacher, Waukesha)
- conduct start-ups, PM service, and load bank test
- perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on power generators with 1 WM plus capacity
- Interconnect parallel multiple generators, work with switchgear
- diagnose, repair, adjust, and modify all components of the generator, engine and switchgear
- Check/repair all supporting systems such as fuel, cooling, and electrical systems
- submit accurate and legible service reports and forms in a timely manner.
- travel to job sites in the service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated
- Build a team of power generator technicians on a needed basis
- Schedule warranty repairs
- Communicate with service providers
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree
- Troubleshooting / Servicing Generators - 5 years experience required
- Good field supervision skills, able to lead small and large teams
- Strong knowledge of Jenbacher J320 and CAT 1475 generators troubleshooting
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical manuals
- Ability to perform minor repairs and overhaul mechanical & electrical equipment
- Perform inspections and repairs on engines, generators, pumps, chillers, valves, etc.
- Strong knowledge of turbine/generator theory, operations and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of paralleling generators
- Strong knowledge of oil and gas operations, midstream, upstream.
- Strong working knowledge of electrical & mechanical drawings.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must pass background check and drug test
- Understanding NEC, electrical diagrams, electricity 101
- Strong technical communication skills
- Computer skills
- Generator Certifications preferred (CAT, Jenbacher, Waukesha)
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team
- You will be required to be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- You will be required to climb a ladder.
- You will be required to climb stairs up to 12 floors.
- You will be required to work at high elevations.
- You will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment.
- You will be required to work in an environment with both hot and cold temperatures.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- health insurance
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- Sign in Bonus
- Maternity & Paternity leave
Monday - Friday, weekends, on-call