EZ Blockchain is a cryptocurrency mining-focused company with offices in Chicago and Houston, TX. Our mission is to secure Proof of Work blockchains efficiently and develop the infrastructure for the future of blockchains such as Bitcoin at the same time partnering with energy providers. We design and build mobile data centers and Smartgrids flaring mitigation systems. We help oil and gas companies to monetize stranded and flared natural gas. The company was founded in 2017.
We are looking for a Project Engineer/Manager with knowledge in substation development, construction, electrical engineering to join our team. The Project Manager/Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the development of projects including development and construction of high voltage substations, step down transformers, power distribution to mobile data centers on multiple company’s locations which include but are not limited to power plants, co-generation plants, refineries. The candidate will be responsible for building and designing the whole project from the ground up working tightly with the operational team.
- Oversee the development of new 138KV to 13.8KV substations
- Coordinate the installation of the transformers, high voltage transformers, substations, build out the whole chain from 138 KV to 480V pad mounts
- Procuring all project necessary materials including electrical equipment
- Create processes and procedures, mindmaps for project execution
- Participate in the design of the project, an estimate of the project, budgeting, budget comparing
- Planning and managing the construction of the new projects
- Coordinate electrical contractors, general contractors on the job site.
- Coordinate the commissioning of the substation
- Logistics coordination, customer engineering communication, and support
- Traveling to project locations
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering required
- Substation development experience required
- Understanding of NEC, Electrical diagrams, assembly, components, safety. UL listing, 101 level
- Reading and evaluating Blueprints, entry to 101 level.
- The capacity of fast learning of new products and processes and implementation in existing product lines
- Excellent project management software skills
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- Ability to work outside
- Experience in the oil and gas industry preferred
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Valid Driver’s license
- Minimum 10 years of experience in project engineering, project management
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent computer skills
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- health insurance
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- Sign in Bonus
- Maternity & Paternity leave