EZ Blockchain is a technology company with a cryptocurrency mining and energy focus. Our mission is to solve the global waste energy problem with the help of crypto mining and high-density computing. We secure Proof of Work blockchains efficiently and develop the infrastructure for the future of blockchains such as Bitcoin by partnering with energy providers. We design and build mobile data centers and Smartgrid flaring mitigation systems. We help oil and gas companies monetize stranded and flared natural gas. The company was founded in 2017.
Our cryptocurrency mining locations are growing, off-grid and on-grid. We currently have an opening for a Network Engineer to join our team who can become an integral part of the organization in the long run. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with knowledge and experience working in data center deployment. An applicant must be excited about implementing new technologies such as Bitcoin mining to utilize excess energy. The candidate will be working directly with team leads and project managers. The position requires strong technical communication skills. Network Engineers are responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and managing the local and wide area networks of our organization to ensure maximum uptime of our mobile data center operations. Your role will include designing system configurations, documenting and managing the installation of a new network, and maintaining and upgrading existing systems as necessary.
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, ISP connections (including but not limited to cellular, satellite, wifi)
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize optimize efficiency and security
- Optimizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Arranging scheduled upgrades
- Investigating faults in the network
- Strong Documentation skills
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status to key team members
- Travel to current and developing data center locations to perform the installation of EZ Blockchain’s Smartbox Mobile Data Centers, cryptocurrency mining hardware and network devices.
- Follow plans, processes, instructions, team and all available documentation, during the installation of all data center location related equipment, devices and services.
- Pack, unpack network devices and other equipment
- Perform configuration of cryptocurrency miners and network devices and validate work completion
- Innovative mindset to add value to the company’s network design and upgrades
- Experience with multiple Vendor platforms including but not limited to Cisco, Arista, Juniper, others.
- You have the desire, willingness and ability to travel ~50% of the time
- You are authorized to work in the US
- You are honest, highly motivated and dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
- You have 5+ years of experience with server and network hardware in a Data Center environments
- You have a highly proficient understanding network installation and configuration
- You possess strong Windows, Linux and Network Administration skills
- You thrive in a fast paced 24x7 environment with flexibility to work after-hours and weekends when needed
- You possess excellent communication skills, friendliness and self confidence
- You communicate efficiently and clearly while working well with others across multiple teams and communication platforms
- You are well skilled in researching and implementing solutions to troubleshoot issues as needed
- You have strong attention to detail, maintain high quality standards
- You have an efficient systems thinking and critical thinking mindset, which allows you to be creative while working within the boundaries of policies, procedures & guidelines
- Able to pass a Drug and Alcohol Screening & Criminal Background check
- Have a valid US Driver’s License
Physical Requirements for Network Engineer:
- Travel to and walk on job sites in uneven terrain.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75lbs; and participate in group lifts over 75lbs.
- Work in noisy areas with much hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions
- Perform physical tasks without becoming overly tired,
Minimum 5 year experience in data center operations
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- health insurance
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- Sign in Bonus
- Maternity & Paternity leave