Title: Computer Technician I
Function: IT Hardware Support
EZ Blockchain is a technology company with cryptocurrency mining and energy focus. Our mission is to solve the global waste energy problem with the help of crypto mining and high-density computing. We design and build mobile data centers and Smart-Grids flaring mitigation systems. to help oil and gas companies to monetize stranded and flared natural gas. The company was founded in 2017.
Our cryptocurrency mining locations are growing, off-grid and on-grid. We are looking to fill out the position of Computer Technician to join our team who can become an integral part of the organization in the long run. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with knowledge and experience working in data center deployment. Proficiency in computer hardware and networking infrastructure is a must. The position requires strong technical communication skills.
- Closely follows process and procedures for common tasks.
- Documenting processes and keeping event logs.
- Enter/update Trouble Tickets with technical details, schedule/coordinate further troubleshooting, maintenance and/or hardware replacement requests.
- Install heavy servers (up to 40lbs) on a consistent basis, under all circumstances in an outdoor environment.
- Oversee the running of data cables during the installation of new equipment.
- Perform basic repair of damaged or faulty equipment and devices.
- Rack, stack, decommission, power & cabling of equipment within the critical facility.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work a variable schedule as necessary.
- Inventory management of copper, fiber, and power cord with little to no guidance.
- Maintain accurate inventory of work tools, equipment, and devices.
- Maintain and troubleshoot cabling infrastructure of Cat5, Cat6 Ethernet cable.
- Running hardware diagnostics and replacing failing parts in a timely manner.
- Use proprietary DCIM Software for ASIC configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Conduct preventative maintenance on data center equipment to ensure efficient operations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Protecting company data by preventing the overheating of data center components.
- Participate in Data Center Deployments consisting of unpacking hundreds of ASICs in an outside environment and uneven terrain.
- Available 24/7 via phone for any outages and or escalations.
- Ability to explain complex technical processes in simple language for general company staff.
- CompTIA ServerPlus, CompTIA Network+, or CCNP certification would be advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge of circuit board & computer equipment repair is a plus
- 24/7 Availability to assist and recover from any outages.
- Basic knowledge of all current types of networking and server hardware.
- Experience with switches, routers, and servers.
- Good personal computer skills.
- One year of computer/technology support
- Travel up to 50% of the time, including weekends.
- Willingness to work long hours in repetitive tasks in outdoor environments & outside weather.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave