Data Center Technician
Our cryptocurrency mining locations are growing, off-grid and on-grid. We are looking to fill out the position of Data Center Technician to join our team who can become an integral part of the organization in the long run. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with knowledge and experience working in data center deployment. Proficiency in computer hardware and networking infrastructure is a must. The position requires strong technical communication skills.
- Monitoring and performing on-going maintenance on servers and network equipment.
- Providing IT support to staff and customers, as well as responding to the server and network issues.
- Protecting company data by preventing the overheating of data center components.
- Running hardware diagnostics and replacing failing parts in a timely manner.
- Monitoring all network processes to ensure the smooth flow of data across the network.
- Collaborating with software and network engineering teams on cybersecurity and network efficiency.
- Upgrading internal system components, including CPUs, memory, hard drives, and network cables.
- Documenting processes and keeping event logs.
- Advising on the procurement of new data center equipment.
- Keeping track of developing trends in data center technologies.
- Protect important information by performing backup on all critical systems.
- Carry out system administration tasks such as software installation/updates, security patches, and hardware maintenance.
- Develop standards and procedures for carrying out systems and network operations.
- Perform basic repair of damaged or faulty equipment and devices.
- Maintain records of all system administration operations and present reports to superiors.
- Oversee the running of data cables during the installation of new equipment.
- Maintain accurate inventory of work tools, equipment, and devices.
- Ensure work operations comply with all local, state, and federal regulations on information/data management.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on data center equipment to ensure efficient operations.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
- CompTIA ServerPlus, CompTIA Network, or CCNP certification would be advantageous.
- 2-3 years of experience as a data center technician, or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of data center environments, servers, and network equipment.
- Extensive experience in installing, monitoring, and maintaining data center equipment.
- Exceptional ability to work as part of a team, provide IT support, and resolve errors.
- Ability to operate and maintain servers, switches, routers, monitors, and various other specialized equipment.
- Ability to explain complex technical processes in simple language for general company staff.
- Ability to conduct tests to identify and fix faults in a computer/network system.
- Ability to keep up with advancements in data center infrastructure and technologies.
- Proficiency in documenting network processes.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Willingness to respond to network and server errors after hours.
Minimum 2-3 year experience as a data center technician
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.