EZ Blockchain is a technology company with cryptocurrency mining and energy focus. Our mission is to solve the global waste energy problem with the help of crypto mining and high-density computing. We design and build mobile data centers and Smart-Grids flaring mitigation systems. to help oil and gas companies to monetize stranded and flared natural gas. The company was founded in 2017.
Our cryptocurrency mining locations are growing, off-grid and on-grid. We are looking to fill out the position of Computer Technician to join our team who can become an integral part of the organization in the long run. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with knowledge and experience working in data center deployment. Proficiency in computer hardware and networking infrastructure is a must. The position requires strong technical communication skills.
- Monitoring and performing on-going maintenance on servers and network equipment.
- Understanding of component level circuit board repair.
- Protecting company data by preventing the overheating of data center components.
- Running hardware diagnostics and replacing failing parts in a timely manner.
- Upgrading internal system components, including CPUs, memory, hard drives, and network cables.
- Documenting processes and keeping event logs.
- Advising on the procurement of new data center equipment.
- Keeping track of developing trends in data center technologies.
- Protect important information by performing backup on all critical systems.
- Carry out system administration tasks such as software installation/updates, security patches, and hardware maintenance.
- Perform basic repair of damaged or faulty equipment and devices.
- Maintain records of all system administration operations and present reports to superiors.
- Maintain accurate inventory of work tools, equipment, and devices.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on data center equipment to ensure efficient operations.
- Create support & troubleshooting documentation.
- Create process and procedures for common tasks.
- Install heavy servers (up to 40lbs) on a consistent basis.
- Travel up to 50% of the time, including weekends.
- Oversee the running of data cables during the installation of new equipment.
- Require 50% travel and will assist in installation of data centers
- CompTIA ServerPlus, CompTIA Network, or CCNP certification would be advantageous.
- 2-3 years of experience as an IT technician, or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of circuit board & computer equipment repair is a plus
- Experience in installing, monitoring, and maintaining computer equipment.
- Exceptional ability to work as part of a team, provide IT support, and resolve errors.
- Ability to explain complex technical processes in simple language for general company staff.
- Ability to keep up with advancements in technologies.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and procedures.
- Willingness to respond to network and server errors after hours.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Maternity & Paternity leave
Job Type: Full-time