EZ Blockchain is a technology company with cryptocurrency mining and energy focus. Our mission is to solve the global waste energy problem with the help of crypto mining and high-density computing. We design and build mobile data centers and Smart-Grids flaring mitigation systems. to help oil and gas companies to monetize stranded and flared natural gas. The company was founded in 2017.
Our cryptocurrency mining locations are growing, off-grid and on-grid. We are looking to fill out the position of Computer Technician to join our team who can become an integral part of the organization in the long run. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with knowledge and experience working in data center deployment. Proficiency in computer hardware and networking infrastructure is a must. The position requires strong technical communication skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Supervises work of others, including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensuring quality standards.
- Keep assigned DCs clean and properly maintained at all times.
- Creates and maintains extensive documentation of all facets of Data Center functionality, including RMA, Trouble Tickets, Historical data, ect.
- Perform daily huddles with crew to establish and discuss goals for the day.
- Strategically delegating work to the team while ensuring timely follow-up/status reporting.
- Perform daily site walk inspections for QA/QC and crew performance.
- Perform OJT when required and teach and mentor assigned team.
- Oversees inventories of all equipment as it arrives, as it is stored and as it departs local facilities
- Is responsible for training and developing, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for staff.
- Mentoring and developing engineers and technicians such that they can run daily operations with minimal supervision
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate repairs of equipment & incident management
- Travel Required: up to 50%
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Flexible and fluid personality to adapt and adjust to the fast pace of a startup technology company.
- 6-8 years in the technology field.
- Proficient with Web Based Programs, Excel, and Word Processing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic product knowledge of blockchain and network equipment.
- Works well with others.
- Strong work ethic.
- High school diploma.
- Strong I.T. support background
- Knowledge and understanding of Bitcoin
- Experience with data center management
- Master's degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, Construction Management, or related technical field.
- 4 years of experience with data center equipment/environments and start up/commissioning processes, including electrical switchgear, generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, controls, security monitoring systems, and fire safety systems.
- Experience in requirements gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling, and achieving objectives within set goals.
- Experience managing vendor relationships.
- Good understanding of Network, Electrical, Mechanical, and building systems.
- Management experience